I unintentionally ordered a Sling TV PPV a week before the UFC fight happened. I pressed the "OK" button twice with out being able to read the text on the screen (it was too small for me to read).

Five minutes after the erroneous order was placed (and a week before the fight was supposed to happen), I called Sling and told them what happened. They essentially said all sales were final. I told them I wanted to cancel my Sling service in its entirety and they refused. They wanted to keep it open through the end of the billing cycle which also happened to keep it on long enough so the PPV would be available to view when it actually happened.

Under Slings policy, it does not seem to be possible for them to recognize an erroneous order. It is also very possible to place an unintentional order, as my erroneous order happened by simply pressing the "OK" button on the remote twice.

The whole thing seems to amount to a "gotcha" type attitude on Slings approach to billing its customers. I would not recommend using Sling or letting them have your credit card number for any reason.

Review about: Sling Tv Pay Per View Tv Service.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

Same thing happened to us they are cheating their customers

h.kitchener

It appears your habit of clicking on something without being able to read it cost you some money. However, all is not lost: at least you know how to recognize a scam operation when you see it. Lesson learned?