I decided to try the 14 day trial on 1/9 and while I was going through the screens - all the verbiage said 7 day trial using Amazon Pay. Okayyyyyy - at least it was upfront.

I ended up not liking the interface. The cost was a bit much after you add the extras and the EPIX extra I chose didn't have very many movies. So on 1/11 I tried to cancel - but you can't cancel within the app. So the next day 1/12 I went online and cancelled the app.

I told them why. On 1/13 my partner clicked on the app. No prompts were given that the account had been closed. My partner didn't even have to put in a password.

SLINGS website shows that specific pop-ups will be shown if someone tries to log into a closed account. about 2 hours later - I get an email stating my bill has been paid and that my next monthly charge will be in 30 days. Wait..... what????

Even if I hadn't cancelled I was still in the 7 day trial window!!!! Amazon Pay would not allow me to dispute the charge so I called SLING. The customer rep was nice but very firm that I would not be given a refund. Why???

- I was still within the 7 day trial period.

I asked for a manager and the manager agreed to a credit. That was really shady and I will NEVER click on that app again!

Review about: Sling Tv Streaming Service Free Trial.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments