On December 18, 2017, I signed up for the Sling 7-day Free Trial. I was not impressed by the content so, on December 25, 2017, I went online and cancelled the subscription.

I was sent a confirmation by email that said the subscription would last until January 26, 2018, a month later. Then a charge of $21.07 showed up on my credit card. I went online connected with customer support chat service. I was told they are a non-refund site and the trial ended December 25 at 09:37:52 PM EST.

I cancelled on December 25 at 10:19:24 PM EST. That is ONE HOUR, 18 MINUTES, AND 28 seconds after THEIR pre-determined cutoff.

It is my opinion this is predatory behavior. It should say "FREE 168 HOUR TRIAL" so you would know that you will still be billed, even when you cancel on the 7th day.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sling Tv Streaming Service Free Trial.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I didn't like: Misleading offer.

Comments

Same thing happened to me and they refused a refund! I'm out $198!!!

Said I cancelled 2 hours to late, on the day of my 7th day! They are ridiculous!

me2

I cancelled in time and did it on the phone received a confirmation on line in October 2017. They reactivated it in April 2018 without my knowing and billed me when I called they would not refund and said they didn't reactivate it and said it must have been my Roku streamer.

I called Roku who informed me that a Roku could not do this. This is stealing stay away from the Sling scam

Same thing happened to me TODAY! I am so pissed off!

I got charged because i didn’t call v fire 10:26am this morning! Don’t even seem like that can be legal!

7 days is 7 days!!! And believe me, Amazon is not too happy with all the complaints they are getting!!

h.kitchener

So, you apparently agree you did not cancel within their time limit. What's the beef?

When you wait until the last minute---or beyond, then this happens. Don't blame Sling TV.